The foundations of Ministry of Architecture + Interiors was established in the 1890’s when the architectural practice of Hoggard and Prouse was formed. In 1912 William Gummer joined the business, and with the arrival of Reginald Ford in 1923 came a name change to Gummer & Ford. They were later joined by Messers Hoadley and Budge, and the Practice went on to become one of New Zealand’s most eminent architectural firms creating a legacy of civic, commercial, educational and institutional buildings.
This body of work is among the most recognisable in New Zealand. Works include the National War Memorial Museum and Carillon, Auckland Railway Station, Guardian Trust Building, Dilworth Building and Auckland Domain Wintergardens.
Now, as Ministry of Architecture + Interiors we continue to build on this reputation and develop our portfolio of innovative and inspirational projects.